:: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common founda…
Author: H. Nikolaus Schaller
To: Adam Ford
CC: Merlijn Wajer, Tony Lindgren, Paweł Chmiel, Philipp Rossak, moaz korena, Ivaylo Dimitrov, Filip Matijević, Tomi Valkeinen, linux-omap, kernel, Discussions about the Letux Kernel, maemo-leste, Linux Kernel Mailing List
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5

> Am 19.08.2019 um 21:43 schrieb Adam Ford <aford173@???>:
>
>> Thanks to the help from the Pyra community, I was able to get a (binary) reference
>> implementation using DRM that works on Pyra/OMAP5. At least the gles1test1.
>
> just a question,
>
> If DRM is working, does that mean it works without needing the overhead of X?

Yes, we have to kill X11 to successfully run the gles1test1. An interesting question
will be how to mix both... E.g. have a 3D rendering in a window controlled by some
window manager.