:: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common founda…
Author: Adam Ford
To: H. Nikolaus Schaller
CC: Merlijn Wajer, Tony Lindgren, Paweł Chmiel, Philipp Rossak, moaz korena, Ivaylo Dimitrov, Filip Matijević, Tomi Valkeinen, linux-omap, kernel, Discussions about the Letux Kernel, maemo-leste, Linux Kernel Mailing List
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Lay common foundation to make PVR/SGX work without hacks on OMAP34xx, OMAP36xx, AM335x and potentially OMAP4, OMAP5
On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:56 AM H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@???> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> > Am 17.07.2019 um 12:51 schrieb Merlijn Wajer <merlijn@???>:
> >
> > Hi,

> >> Yes, that would be nice to be able to easily compare stuff.
> >
> > I've just pushed the Maemo Leste v5.1 branch + patches here:
> >
> >       https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx/tree/n900/v5.1-patch

> > This works on N900 with X, but it doesn't use DRM yet. I'm wondering
> > what a next logical step would be: to try and modules to load/probe on
> > another device (I have a droid4 or a Pandaboard ES rev B1), or to try
> > and get DRM PowerVR to work on the N900, with omapdrmfb and dri3wsegl.
> >
> > For either path, I'll probably need some help. Any updates from anyone
> > else? Maybe we should list things people can work - perhaps document
> > progress in github issues. (Mailing list is also fine, BTW)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Merlijn
> >

> I also have pushed good news to
>
>         https://github.com/openpvrsgx-devgroup/linux_openpvrsgx/tree/letux-pvr

> Thanks to the help from the Pyra community, I was able to get a (binary) reference
> implementation using DRM that works on Pyra/OMAP5. At least the gles1test1.

just a question,

If DRM is working, does that mean it works without needing the overhead of X?

adam