:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4 in 5.3-rc…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: Tony Lindgren, maemo-leste, Ivaylo Dimitrov, Sebastian Reichel
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4 in 5.3-rc1, development boards
Hi!

> > I also fixed some timeout issues I noticed while playing with the agps
> > stuff so who knows maybe ofono now also behaves nicer.
>
> Pavel -- please advise if your ofono branch is still the point to
> start/continue.

I think so.

https://github.com/pavelmachek/ofono/branches

"d4" branch is the motmdm
one. 0111f1c72d42bf629cd29ece6522c67a36ad9a29 should be good if you
want to help with ofono.

"at" branch is the ttyUSBX one. It should do SMSes, but it eats more
power. Might be useful if you want to debug code _outside_ ofono. It
works but is a dead end.

Maybe I did some more work there, but I lost some data in recent
"formatted wrong sdcard" accident. ... let me see. Maybe not.

> I think, if/when ofono works, the porting work I'm doing now will "just
> work" on the Droid 4 [1] [2].

Umm. "if" :-).

> That'd be status indicator for connection strength, current radio access
> technology, if a call is active or not, if a sim is in there or not, and
> UI to fill in (and change/reset) pin/puk codes.
>
> And telepathy (ofono-ring) also interfaces with ofono for calls and sms,
> so if we want something generic, that'd be another vote for ofono
> working properly.

Yes, we want ofono. And we want ofono over motmdm, not over USB. (I
have both). But we still have that SMS problem over motmdm.

Best regards,
                                    Pavel