:: Re: [devuan-dev] Request for organi…
Author: Rick Moen
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Request for organization
Quoting golinux@??? (golinux@???):
> On 2019-06-05 01:20, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

>> Actually I love this:
>> https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/kde_pim/
>
> Just FTR . . . I doubt I would ever install anything KDE, not even
> for Devuan. ;)

IMO, some applications _from_ the KDE suite can be reasonably justified
on an a la carte basis for those of us who don't drink the KDE Kool-Aid
(examples: Okular, Krita), and much depends on how unreasonable
the individual package's parade of dependencies is.

Debian's KDE packagers have complicated this personal calculation a bit
by dividing the built and packaged software derived from the upstream
kdepim4 codebase into two main application packages and a bunch of libs
packages.[1] The apps are:

knode: graphical news reader (i.e., for Usenet netnews)
ktimetracker: time tracking tool

Am guessing what Martin loves is furnished by package ktimetracker.
FYI, its dependencies -- not _too_ horrible, but very non-trivial -- are
here: https://packages.debian.org/sid/ktimetracker

FWIW, that's too much of a KDE marching band for me, but Views Differ.[tm]
Personally, among other things, if I see either kde-runtime or libkdecore5
among package dependencies, I give it a hard pass -- and ktimetracker
(as packaged by Debian's KDE Team) requires both.

[1] The Debian packages from source package kdepim4 are listed here:
https://packages.debian.org/source/sid/kdepim4