:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Your Thoughts on Ext…
Author: Spencer Rhodes
To: System undo crew
New-Topics: [unSYSTEM] ADMIN - Please stop reposting the graphic! - Re: Your Thoughts on Extinction Rebellion?
Subject: Re: [unSYSTEM] Your Thoughts on Extinction Rebellion?
I haven't interacted with any of them, and they've only been on my radar
for about a month now.

Just another doomsday cult.

Doomsday cults are far from new, but this pseudo-science climate change
version has been gaining traction.

As the Western population became more educated and scientifically inclined,
(industrialization, public education, mass-production of books) the old
doomsday cult of Abrahamic Religion started losing it's hold.

So, you have to tell people the world is going to end in pseudo-scientific
terms instead of mythological terms now.

Then you have a generation of young people that are so fucking dumb or so
self-focused that you can't even hold their attention long enough to
explain these psudo-scientific terms to them. So, you dumb it down even
more and re-brand it as something edgy and cool.

>From their website:

[image: The Truth Extinction Rebellion Extinction Rebellion.png]