:: Re: [devuan-dev] ci.devuan.org is d…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: Jaromil, devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] ci.devuan.org is down
On 19/04/19 20:20, Jaromil wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2019, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> ci.devuan.org - our jenkins server is currently down. This is due to a
>> reboot failure after a kernel update that I installed.
>
> this intervention was not planned not communicated; it also was on a
> old infrastructure to which we have no stable reach, because is
> maintained by nextime and therefore needing extra coordination
> measures to insure interventions.

I'm sorry about that. It was foolish of me to not reach out and try and
discuss in a broader context.

The reality is as pointed out in other posts that it will be 2+ weeks
before nextime will be around to bring up this server. Therefore I
propose if there is a consensus to set up a new instance with jenkins
with a temporary url from a domain/subdomain we do have control of. (If
need be I can use a subdomain of devuan.nz as a temp url as I have that
domain registered and full control of that zone file) until we can get
the dns issue sorted.

If I can get access to a backup of the old jenkins instance, even if
it's fairly old, then I can quickly get that service back on line
functioning in the same fashion as it had been previously.

Can we reach a consensus on this?

Regards,
    Daniel

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.