:: Re: [devuan-dev] Beowulf not updati…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan developers internal list, fsmithred
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Beowulf not updating
On 24/04/19 01:07, fsmithred wrote:
> On 04/23/2019 04:25 AM, KatolaZ wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 09:02:57PM -0400, fsmithred wrote:
>>> The beowulf package repo has not been updating for almost a week. There
>>> are several threads about it at dev1galaxy.org.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know what the problem is? If so, could you briefly answer the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> - what's wrong?
>>> - how can it be fixed?
>>> - when can it be fixed?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> fsmithred
>>
>> Just my 2 cents: beowulf is tracking buster, which is in deep freeze,
>> with only about 100 RC bugs remaining (most of them in quite unused
>> packages). This means that Buster will be stable within a couple of
>> weeks at most. I would not be surprised if most of Beowulf users won't
>> see any update on Beowulf before Buster gets the first point release.
>>
>> Sorry for the noise.
>>

> That's what I thought at first, but here's an example - synaptic moved
> into Buster a few days ago, but it's still not in Beowulf.
>
>   Version table:
>      0.84.6 0
>         100 http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ ceres/main amd64 Packages
>         100 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ceres/main amd64 Packages
>          10 http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ buster/main amd64 Packages
>          10 http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ sid/main amd64 Packages
>      0.84.2 0
>         100 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii/main amd64 Packages
>         100 http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ ascii/main amd64 Packages
>          10 http://debian.csail.mit.edu/debian/ stretch/main amd64 Packages

> Several people in this thread are having trouble getting packages that are
> listed for upgrade:
> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=2800

so who's going to take this on. I don't currently have administrative
access to that server so can't do anything directly. The amprolla.txt
file on the mirror suggests that updates are being processed, but there
is obviously problems.

Parazyd said to me a few days ago that he needed to patch amprolla to
separate mirrors in order to accomodate the move of jessie to
archive.debian.org (which will also likely pave the way for including
ports as well), and that he would be posting to this list with details
about that proposed change. I haven't seen that post yet.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.