:: Re: [devuan-dev] Gitlab upgrade tim…
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Gitlab upgrade time
On Fri, Feb 01, 2019 at 12:10:19PM +0100, Jaromil wrote:

[cut]

> Another element to take into account right now is that the jenkins for
> Devuan is not well maintained. Parazyd is working on ARM kernel builds
> and had all sorts of problems (forgot details) and now is using our
> own CI at Dyne to build them.

jenkins is on my todo-list as well. We must at least move it to the
devuan infra.

> lets plan carefull and please mind the details, we are not phasing out
> all guis but need to plan this more professionally and reliably,
> version all the scripts and make the install reproducible eventually
> exposing the same git repo under multiple GUIs

You know I am totally against breaking stuff that works. Hence the
proposal of having an alternative to gitlab running in parallel to
gitlab itself, try things out, and be sure that any transition is
smooth before even thinking about it. We have enough resources to
handle it.

My2Cents

KatolaZ