:: Re: [devuan-dev] Gitlab upgrade tim…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Gitlab upgrade time

I confirm we use gitea (phasing out gogs) at dyne too on a number of
installations and works well. I suspect this will take some work to
tie up to our scripts and the problem with that is that, if we work to
tie up a GUI to scripts, then in the moment we want to change GUI we
need to change the scripts. Hence the right solution should be to *tie
the scripts to the git backend*.

Another element to take into account right now is that the jenkins for
Devuan is not well maintained. Parazyd is working on ARM kernel builds
and had all sorts of problems (forgot details) and now is using our
own CI at Dyne to build them.

lets plan carefull and please mind the details, we are not phasing out
all guis but need to plan this more professionally and reliably,
version all the scripts and make the install reproducible eventually
exposing the same git repo under multiple GUIs

ciao