:: Re: [devuan-dev] Updated policykit-…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Updated policykit-1 for Devuan
On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:14:23AM +1300, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> > It noticed a point with installing: After installing the polkit*elogind
> > packages, there were still similar polkit package without the
> > -elogind suffix installeds. I think they are not needed when the -elogind
> > ones are installed. I was able to remove them without an conflict anyway.
> > Would it make sense to add a "conflict" here to have these unneeded
> > packages automatically uninstalled?
>
> should be a "Replaces" not a conflicts.

Thanks,

I actually think they can be removed completely. AFAICS they were only there to
smooth upgrade to ascii. Since we don't support skipping a release, I think they
can go. I have done some more work today on cleaning up the dependencies. I will
push that tomorrow once I have tested it all thouroughly.

Mark