:: Re: [devuan-dev] Updated policykit-…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Updated policykit-1 for Devuan
On 2019-01-28 10:44, Andreas Messer wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I'm sorry, I had to deal with other stuff and was not able to
> look at the package in time.
>
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 03:07:33PM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
>> Please see the suites/unstable-proposed branch at
>> https://git.devuan.org/LeePen/policykit-1
>>
>> I would be grateful for review and comments on what I have done so
>> far.
>
> I tested it with my local beowulf vm. Everything in KDE works as
> expected.
>
> It noticed a point with installing: After installing the polkit*elogind
> packages, there were still similar polkit package without the
> -elogind suffix installeds. I think they are not needed when the
> -elogind
> ones are installed. I was able to remove them without an conflict
> anyway.
> Would it make sense to add a "conflict" here to have these unneeded
> packages automatically uninstalled?
>
> Ah, and i was not able to run pbuilder on the repo since the upstream
> tags
> are missing. I don't consider this problematic, just a test repo
> anyway.
>
> cheers,
> Andreas

Hi Mark and Andreas,

The latest update broke my beowulf VM a bit. Shutdown no longer works.
It cycles back to the login screen and the pkexec launcher I created for
synaptic is doa. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fluid policykit
landscape. Will the update process eventually correct this or am I going
to have to do it manually? I really have no business running
testing/ceres so I am a bit out of my depth but need to do so for the
theming. Some kindergarten instructions would be appreciated. :)

Thanks,

golinux