:: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the…
Author: chillfan
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Added desktop-live to the install guides
Validating the images is optional but I think it's useful to tell people how this is done for those that want it. That part could easily be rewritten to be optional and a recommendation only. That's my suggestion for this anyway. So something like:

Installation images distributed by Devuan are signed so that they can be verified as coming from Devuan. As an optional step you can verify images to let you know they have not been altered prior to you receiving them.

My preference would be for us not to repeat ourselves on the website in favour of simplicity, and instead just link to what we need in the intro.

About dd, I think that should be mentioned because otherwise users will look elsewhere and when it doesn't work they'll think our images are broken (this issue has come up before). So for users convenience and to be sure they are using dd correctly, we should provide those instructions.

Whilst we will have more information and documentation for new users, I don't think we should write Windows guides. I think that would lead us more in the direction of ubuntu and others who adopted systemd.

Cheers,

chillfan