:: Re: [DNG] What should be the tasks …
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What should be the tasks of the Devuan Installer
On Sat, 15 Dec 2018 17:29:21 -0800, Rick wrote in message
<20181216012921.GA24151@???>:

> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):
>
> > You know what would really be fun? An installer that asks *all* of
> > the necessary questions right at the front, so you can walk away
> > and do something else while it installs itself.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed
>
> As the page says, start with a known good, default preseed file, such
> as the one linked to.

..I prefer using ssh on my installs, can also be preseeded, and since
that invites messing around with installer boot menus, you might as
well set up your preferences as the installer's default boot and let
it install whatever you want installed, e.g. automagically:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed#Autoloading_the_preseeding_file_from_a_webserver_via_DHCP

Scenarios always come in sets of three: