:: Re: [DNG] A concrete proposal [was:…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] A concrete proposal [was: Re: Drive-by critique]
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:39:49AM -0800, spiralofhope wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 12:37:36 +0100
> KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>
> > If anybody is wondering "how can I help Devuan" and is ready to do
> > something concrete in that direction, putting together such a simple
> > webpage would be a valuable contribution.
>
> I don't know how much I believe this myself, but..
>
> Anyone who is wondering how they can help but can't hunt to figure
> out the basics on their own is probably not going to contribute much or
> for long.

Literally anybody can help with putting that page up. There is no
needed specific knowledge. We just need to:

- identify a set of "features" or "use-cases" (architecture, live vs
non-live, internet available at install time or not, desktop vs
server, expert vs novice, multiple vs single installs, customised vs
"standard", etc....);

- assign those use-cases to each of the images;

- formulate a question for each "feature" which is used to narrow down
the set of choices;

- write the actual webpage (keeping it as simple as possible: this is
the only strictly technical part);

- Ask people to take the "survey" and report feedback.

I am sure any Devuaner can help with one or more of those tasks.

My2Cents

KatolaZ