:: [DNG] A concrete proposal [was: Re:…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] A concrete proposal [was: Re: Drive-by critique]
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 03:14:39AM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:

[cut]

> What Eric left for us:
> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=13144#p13144

Dear Rick,

I would really like to avoid starting yet-another-lengthy-flame which
has little chance of being useful at all. Writing 150 emails about
which points of that post are good and which are bad might possibly be
useful to sharpen our own rhetoric weapons, but will not further the
achievement of Devuan's mission by a single bit.

I have a concrete proposal instead, actually coming from a reply by
Centurion_Dan to that thread on Dev1Galaxy. The proposal is as
follows:

it would be probably good to have a simple webpage for Devuan
newcomers that asks a couple of questions about the user
intentions/use-case and suggests the most appropriate install image
to use among the available ones.

If anybody is wondering "how can I help Devuan" and is ready to do
something concrete in that direction, putting together such a simple
webpage would be a valuable contribution. Discussions are good and can
be entertaining sometimes, but actions are the only way to improve
things.

My2Cents

KatolaZ