:: [DNG] [OT] The End of Trust
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] [OT] The End of Trust
On a similar worrying note, my country's government has hired a
private company to provide equipment to read and count votes. It is
still at trial stage but the opposition is already complaining the
software used is giving different results for the same set of votes in
different circumstances.

While I stress I am NOT against private enterprises, I do think they
are getting too much power for which, they should not be entitled
especially in a democracy. Vote reading functions and vote counting
functions should be open sourced and open to scrutiny by all
interested parties.

This deep lack of respect for the human person, especially privacy and
the right for fair treatment, is stemming from greed dictating
policies and decisions. Needless to state, with this latter statement,
I do not mean people are not entitled to work to increase their
wealth, far from it.