:: Re: [DNG] [OT] The End of Trust
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [OT] The End of Trust
Quoting spiralofhope (spiralofhope@???):

> On Mon, 03 Dec 2018 20:26:51 -0600
> golinux@??? wrote:
>
> > Most of it is familiar but I did discover something that I didn't
> > know.
>
> This is something I suspected since the 2000s when I realized how
> capable JavaScript had become.
>
> I'll articulate this problem as:
>
> Your mouse position and timing is tracked to determine what video
> previews you are interested in, on PornHub.

It's been obvious for a couple decades that the horrifically
overfeatured nature of JavaScript is the keystone factor behind the
security problems of Web browsers, and that its feature set needs to be
reduced and controlled, e.g., via personally tuned use of browser
extensions such as NoScript or uBlock Origin.

--
Cheers,              "I am a member of a civilization (IAAMOAC).  Step back
Rick Moen            from anger.  Study how awful our ancestors had it, yet