:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question
Le 29/11/2018 à 22:10, Rick Moen a écrit :
>> Solution to this: Boot from Knoppix (yes, seriously) and manually create
>> the partitions with parted. Once this was done, rebooted from the RHEL
>> image. On the "Installation Destination" submenu I selected "I will
>> configure partitioning" and then clicked on the blue Done button.

    I'm not sure I've caught the purpose of the conversation, but, in
Debian/Devuan installer, you are running a live OS and you can escape
the installer and go to an interactive root session in which you can
perform the partitionning with the tool of your choice - I like cfdisk.
Then go back to the DI and use the existing partitions. The tools you
want to use must be present but the DI gives you the opportunity to
install some packages which aren't included by default, such as
filesystems and partitionners.

        Didier