:: Re: [devuan-dev] devuan's 1st confe…
Top Page
Delete this message
Reply to this message
Author: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] devuan's 1st conference
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 07:47:00PM +0100, Ivan J. wrote:


> If we have no sponsors then we're definitely losing money, no matter
> what. We don't want to charge insane amounts of money for entrance fees.

OK, but what kind of amount we are talking about?

> Personally, I'd release the announcement tomorrow, ask for sponsors and
> help with donations, and wait until end of December. Then we can decide
> what to do and start selling the tickets. I think 4+ months is a decent
> amount of time for the majority to decide if they wish to visit the
> conference and organize themselves.

I am OK with that only if "waiting until the end of December" actually
means "we will actively look for sponsors and partners and help with
donations that will go towards covering the cost of the
conference". Actually, I think it could be a nice idea to say in the
annoucement that all the donations received between now and the end of
December will be used to cover the cost of the conference, so that we
will know in January how much the cost of the ticket will be (maybe
quoting a maximum cost with zero donations).

What do you think?



[ ~.,_  Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ - Devuan -- Freaknet Medialab  ]  
[     "+.  katolaz [at] freaknet.org --- katolaz [at] yahoo.it  ]
[       @)   http://kalos.mine.nu ---  Devuan GNU + Linux User  ]
[     @@)  http://maths.qmul.ac.uk/~vnicosia --  GPG: 0B5F062F  ] 
[ (@@@)  Twitter: @KatolaZ - skype: katolaz -- github: KatolaZ  ]