:: Re: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get …
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] no-usr-merged: let's get concrete
On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 03:16:07PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> But you wanted us to test the installer. The installer must have a
> working tasksel to not bomb out on that one step, right?

Steve, the mini.iso is a netinst. It downloads almost everything from
the net, including tasksel, which is one of the components of
debian-installer. I tried it yesterday, and it works perfectly.

I am not asking you to try the installer: I would like as many people
as possible to report problems with the choice of
merged-usr/non-merged-usr in unstable/beowulf.

> As far as the other problems I reported, in the next few days I'll
> apt-get upgrade my VM to see if I can run lxde, xfce, lxqt and friends.

Please consider that Beowulf is still under working, and most of the
desktop stuff is still to be fixed (in terms of policykit and
friends), so for instance you will not have any button to
suspend/reboot/shutdown. Please just focus on issues related to the
merged-usr/non-merged-usr setup at this point.

Thanks

KatolaZ