:: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to m…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
Quoting Didier Kryn (kryn@???):

>     Very nice. Congratulations. Do I understand well if I
> understand your scripts read the config of the Debian kernel and
> customize it to compile your own kernel?

I must beg your pardon, Didier, but I don't fully understand your
question.

In general terms: I've long ago gotten used to the idea that, on the
rare occasions when it's desirable to change a system's kernel, I just
am used to carrying forward the existing .config file and using
make-kpkg(1). It's too infrequent an operation to fully script, at
least in my use-case. It's not necessary or useful for any scripting to
parse the kernal .config, as far as I'm aware.