:: Re: [DNG] static /dev: was /usr to …
Author: karl
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] static /dev: was /usr to merge or not to merge... that is the question??
Steve Litt:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 12:29:33 +0100 (CET)
> karl@??? wrote:

> > I use a classic static /dev, and the only problem I have seen is with
> > usb devices (apart from keyboards and mice i.e.).
>
> I might want to follow in your footsteps. How do you handle usb devices?

Basically, I don't.

For mice and keyboard, they just only need to have their driver loaded.
For storage devices, just load usb-storage and mount it, there are
various ways to find out the /dev/sd* file used.

For other usb devices, I hav not tested much, but I guess you have to
minic that udev does to find the right module to load, and then you
have to find out which major/minor number to use etc.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

Aspö Data
Lilla Aspö 148