:: Re: [DNG] Who remembers rootkit..
Author: Jimmy Johnson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Who remembers rootkit..
On 10/20/18 8:42 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Jimmy Johnson (field.engineer@???):
>
>> Who remembers when rootkit hunter started showing problems and
>> Debian said they where false positive problems? I think it was
>> sometime during the development of Stretch. Well they fixed rootkit
>> hunter to not show those problems any longer and so goes systemd,
>> one BIG FAT security problem and has made security software pretty
>> much useless. At lest with a firewall and no systemd you can stop
>> kernel calls to get outside http or at lest I can. I think it's to
>> bad we have to live with a kernel that's passing our activity to
>> outside sources. I have this stuff logged, it can't be denied.
>
> I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but: What specifically are
> you talking about?
>
> The first 60% of that paragraph seems to be some sort of odd and rather
> elliptical complaint about systemd. The latter 40% appears to be a
> comment (one with no obvious segue from the first 60%) about some sort of
> bad behaviour by your kernel. Perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining.
> And perhaps switching to a more meaningful Subject header, while you're
> at it.
>
> (rkhunter throughout its history has had problems with Type I errors
> aka false positives, and probably that will remain an ongoing problem.)

Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like you didn't read or
recall the incident I remember. And you have nothing helpful to add?

Errors while testing upstream can tell tales, a lot of adjustments where
made to Debian in order to accommodate systemd, I have a hard time
seeing where the user received any accommodations.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 Current - KDE 4.14.38 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263