:: Re: [DNG] Who remembers rootkit..
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Who remembers rootkit..
Quoting Jimmy Johnson (field.engineer@???):

> Who remembers when rootkit hunter started showing problems and
> Debian said they where false positive problems? I think it was
> sometime during the development of Stretch. Well they fixed rootkit
> hunter to not show those problems any longer and so goes systemd,
> one BIG FAT security problem and has made security software pretty
> much useless. At lest with a firewall and no systemd you can stop
> kernel calls to get outside http or at lest I can. I think it's to
> bad we have to live with a kernel that's passing our activity to
> outside sources. I have this stuff logged, it can't be denied.

I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but: What specifically are
you talking about?

The first 60% of that paragraph seems to be some sort of odd and rather
elliptical complaint about systemd. The latter 40% appears to be a
comment (one with no obvious segue from the first 60%) about some sort of
bad behaviour by your kernel. Perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining.
And perhaps switching to a more meaningful Subject header, while you're
at it.

(rkhunter throughout its history has had problems with Type I errors
aka false positives, and probably that will remain an ongoing problem.)