:: Re: [DNG] Stop the madness!
Author: Jimmy Johnson
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Stop the madness!
On 10/20/18 8:17 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 07:19:49 +0200
> KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, pointing to a bunch of scripts is not enough:
>
> It's a starting point. Power-user individuals can start using runit
> today, with no action by any developers. But wait, there's more...
>
>> you need
>> somebody who has experience of using runit who is willing to package
>> the whole stuff in a coherent way, IMHO.
>
> Do you mean by "the whole stuff", and what do you mean by "a coherent
> way"? Do you mean packaging each daemon's runit directory with the
> daemon? That can't happen in the near future: Big job. Do you mean
> having a package for all the runit daemons, and that package will
> create all runit directories so all someone has to do after installing
> the daemon is make the symlink? That can be done in the near future. I
> can make a shellscript that:
>
> 1) Disables daemon startup from /etc/rc.d/rc5.d and rc0.d
>
> 2) Enables daemon startup from runit. I can package that along with the
>     bunch of daemon runit directories.

> SteveT

So what was it now, well for me it was 7 going on 8 years we where
discussing systemd, for me then it was logind and why it was put there,
I was told by Debian that login had a bug and where replacing it. That
wasn't a lie, what they didn't say was our future was to adopt systemd.

Again I ask why, and I'm told it's faster, that was lie and everything
since is built around a lie.

When a Debian fork was discussed I suggested fixing Wheezy, nobody
listened then and there and people in 'this group' that would just like
me to shut up, but at the same time listen to every word I say.

If you want to save Debian Linux you have to put it back to what it was
before the discussion of changing init started. And you have to take a
systemd free version and then bring it up to date, back then it would
have been easier, but it's not to late.

And that is how you are going to save Linux.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Slackware64 Current - KDE 4.14.38 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda9
Registered Linux User #380263