:: Re: [DNG] How to test the backend o…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to test the backend of simple-netaid
On Friday 07 September 2018 at 17:59:39, Edward Bartolo wrote:

> On 07/09/2018, aitor_czr wrote:
> > El 07/09/18 a las 12:00, Edward Bartolo escribió:
> >> Aitor wrote:
> >> "I spent a lot of time downgrading the frontend from Gtk3 to Gtk2,
> >> because of the general preference in favor of this second one. The
> >> packages for jessie will be available in a couple of days."
> >>
> >> Thank you for caring about users.
> >>
> >> edbarx
> >
> > Not at all :)
>
> Why are you in denial? Don't bother, you will not get a halo above
> your head, but if you care, why don't you admit it?

I think this is a linguistic misunderstanding - "Not at all" is a common and
polite English way of saying "you're welcome" or "don't mention it" -
basically a standard response to "thank you".

There's as much point in interpreting the phrase literally as there is with
"how do you do?"

> Please, make an effort to grow up.

I think that is a very unfriendly and unnecessary comment.

Antony.

--
Normal people think "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.