:: Re: [DNG] Unbound details: was Mozi…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Unbound details: was Mozilla and cloudflare to hijack all your DNS requests - for your own good of course
On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 17:34:37 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):
>
> > I've found the way for Unbound itself to do simple on-subnet auth
> > without a separate auth server, and will reveal them tomorrow.
>
> That is doubtless the 'stub zone' functionality I mentioned in
> http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Network_Other/dns-servers.html#unbound ,
> after seeing it in the documentation. (I've never needed it, so never
> read up on how it works.)

The syntax isn't "stub zone", it's "local zone". They use the "stub
zone" syntax for something else. Thank you for turning me on to Unbound
--- it's twice as easy as Bind9 and djbdns.

I'm right now writing dual web pages on nginx and Unbound, that contain
how to do simple stuff with each and both. I'll post the link when done.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz