:: Re: [DNG] How to test the backend o…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] How to test the backend of simple-netaid
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to test the backend of simple-netaid
Hi Edward,

El 07/09/18 a las 17:59, Edward Bartolo escribió:
> On 07/09/2018, aitor_czr<aitor_czr@???> wrote:
>> El 07/09/18 a las 12:00, Edward Bartolo escribió:
>>> Aitor wrote:
>>> "I spent a lot of time downgrading the frontend from Gtk3 to Gtk2,
>>> because of the general preference in favor of this second one. The
>>> packages for jessie will be available in a couple of days."
>>>
>>> Thank you for caring about users.
>>>
>>> edbarx
>> Not at all:)
>>
> Why are you in denial? Don't bother, you will not get a halo above
> your head, but if you care, why don't you admit it?
>
> This parallels as to when I wrote that there is no ordering in complex
> numbers. I got a reply contradicting my statement, notwithstanding,
> there is a mathematical proof clearly illustrating this property.
> Irrelevant statements like the argument that complex numbers have
> moduli and the Argand Diagram were posted to prove how ignorant I am
> in the subject. This is narciscism; it is very immature to live in
> denial of other people's abilities. Those abilities will still
> continue to exist whether one accepts them or not. Another case is the
> denial that negative numbers decrease in value as their modulus
> increases. Again, a narciscist came to the defense of the
> indefensible. A mistake like that in a book intended for university
> students should be corrected.
>
> Please, make an effort to grow up.

This is the simple script used for the wireless connection attempts:

ifdown <device_name>
ip link set <device_name> up
pkill wpa_supplicant
wpa_passphrase <essid> <password> > <conf_file>
wpa_supplicant -B -c<conf_file> -i<device_name>
rm -f /run/network/ifstate.<device_name>
ip link set <device_name> up
sleep 1
ifup <device_name>

Maybe, the lines nº 6 and nº7 are superfluous. The line nº8 (that is,
"sleep 1") is important, believe it.
As sysadmins, what do you think about the use of "pkill wpa_supplicant"?

  Aitor.