:: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE
On Fri, 07 Sep 2018, Evilham wrote:

> It looks like I worded that badly and I apologise for the confusion, but
> from your previous message, what you appeared to be suggesting was:
> cancelling an event that has been announced for a while (Hack4Glarus)
> and holding d1conf *instead*, without actively trying to figure out if
> they could happen together.
> Which is a thing that IMO should not even be suggested when a venue is
> being offered; as you know planning is hard and they have already been
> planning their event.
>
> If I misread that, then accept my apologies.

no you are right then we are talking about two different things.

however, I don't see any reason for defining "disrespectful" such a
request. Because is Nico (the proposed host) that proposed himself. I
just need to remind people that the d1conf is about *Devuan*.

So let's make it clear: if someone offers to host the d1conf that
should be called as such, branded as such and the program should be
referred to Devuan. That's why we invest some of our funds: to have a
dedicated conference, like some other projects have.

ciao