:: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE
Author: golinux
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] DATE CHANGE
Dear Dev1ers . . .

We started talking about a Dev1 conf late spring/early summer at the
Monday and Wednesday meets. The dates were chosen and the AMS venue was
available. I assumed that it had been secured. OOPS . . .

Even on Monday a few days ago, itineraries were being planned around
that date. I had finally decided to do the trip after years of
invitations and had spent the summer preparing for it. The next day,
boom! I am definitely in whiplash and extremely disappointed personally
and for Devuan.

I don't see what the rush is. Nothing has yet been planned - speakers,
topics, schedule etc. - There has only been a little day-dreaming.

It is nearly four years since we decided to fork. What difference would
a few extra months make? This will be Devuan's first public event.
Wouldn't it be best if it were well organized, professional and held in
a central location. Not something last minute, far from transportation
hubs and thrown together by somewhat disorganized hackers.

I propose that we wait till the new year and have the event in AMS after
the holiday dust has settled, maybe March/early April. That would give
us plenty of time to put something special together. Could we possibly
even have Beowulf ready by then to beat Debian to the finish line? Now
that would be memorable!

My .02.

golinux