:: [devuan-dev] Fwd: Maintenance and D…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Fwd: Maintenance and Development of new Devuan Releases
Dear Devuan Dev's

There has been a request we've received as shown below, and as yet it
hasn't been responded too. I've taken it on myself to respond today to
encourage them and also offer to provide support services and packaging
etc as a commercial arrangement if they need that. I've forwarded my
response to them to this list already.

This raises the issue with regards to providing a enterprise/commercial
support service for Devuan.

I can and will provide services specific to Devuan, and would like to
get a Devuan team endorsement to do so.

In turn would like to share that commercial work with other committed
Devuan developers who are interested in partnering. My intention is not
to corner the market on Devuan development, but instead to grow the
opportunities. If other companies spring up that contribute to Devuan
as part of providing commercial support to Devuan, then they also should
be recognised in that capacity too.

I would like to see there being a plethora of companies providing
commercial and enterprise support offerings for Devuan in the future and
don't want it to ever be a single point of failure.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.