:: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Fwd: Maintenance…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] [devuan-dev] Fwd: Maintenance and Development of new Devuan Releases
[RANT; if you hate rants, don't read it]

Linux is getting exaspirating... It is not definitely the Linux I knew
when I started using it back in 2006-2007. Like Windows, Linux is now
allowing advertising to pass through, with the disadvantage of a
nightmare whenever a package fails to install.

I asked, supposedly on a development mailing list, but nobody knows
how my problem can be solved! The only presented advice was to enable
multiarch, something that I always did whenever I wanted wine. The
problem is a library, libwine:i386, but that clashes with other
packages.

The uneasy feeling that the time to go back to my old days of using MS
Windows is getting more frequent. Sorry, but a tool that cannot be
used whenever the need arises is useless.

An elegant solution would be to build the wine, wine32, wine64
executables to hold all the required libraries but climbing Olympus
Mons on Mars without a spacesuite seems a lesser challenge.

[/RANT]