:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Tue, 20 Jun 2017, Bruce Perens wrote:

>    Debian is a dead end. It got too mired in anal-retentive process
>    that reinforced its inward-facing nature.  Devuan is the one
>    distribution that was brave enough to deal with problems even if
>    it's difficult and causes messy conflict.  We are brave enough to
>    change a few lines of code if libsystemd changes its API. Who
>    really thinks stuff like that is a challenge?  We should be brave
>    enough to face outward.

while being barely able to follow the huge thread, I think this sums
up your precious contribution to the discussion and the vision we
should be adopting with Devuan.

its not an easy task and the challenge is really that of going beyond
the overdue fight with zealotism and with systemd as you write. We
need to reach an higher ground in terms of documentation, simplicity,
usability and developer experience. we live in this world getting
ready to have many more developers able to do things.

ciao