:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:12:32PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:

[cut]

> I will reiterate my earlier comment. For those who believe that Devuan
> is somehow lacking without GNOME et. al., Debian is a short download
> away. I say that not with malice or condescension, but with sincerity
> that your experience will be better with Debian as the Debian developers
> have committed the project to support GNOME in full. Devuan has chosen
> another path. Please respect that.

Dear Nate,

I have already said several times that I couldn't care less about
GNOME or KDE or XFCE 'per se'. However, I believe it is fundamental to
provide sustainable alternatives (and as many as possible) to the
"centralisation madness" that has become so popular. That's why,
ideally, I wouldn't like to leave behind any single piece of software
that can potentially work without systemd, and that could escape the
total domination plan that is unfolding in front of our eyes. If we
keep accepting compromises, and reacting with "well, I don't need
this, so I don't care", we will be left with basically no toy to play
with, and in a quite short time.

My2Cents

KatolaZ