:: Re: [DNG] Devuan KVM guest install …
Author: Andrew McGlashan
To: Miroslav Rovis, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan KVM guest install using ISO, virt-install and text based installation
Okay, doing a reply all to make sure that Miroslav gets this okay....

On 10/11/16 00:31, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> I said would [be looking into this tutorial, if...].
> If this:
>> Once the install was done, I dumped the xml, edited it, undefined the
>> guest and then re-created it from the adjusted xml. The changes
>> required (to the xml exported file) were to stop it booting the
>> installer and to boot from the disk image instead.
> means what you install with virt-install on an LVM volume on your real
> hard drive can then be booted normally, regularly, leaving the Virtual
> Machine behind?

What you have is a Guest machine contained in an LVM volume; the Host
machine boots normally.

If you wanted to boot the guest machine, then you may need to do more
works for conversion. My host machine is with dropbear within initrd
boot and full disk encryption. It boots fine with or with the LVM
created instance. My purpose was to create a KVM host and then create
guests (like this one) as needed.

Thanks
AndrewM