:: Re: [DNG] Fw: Beginning of the End …
Author: KatolaZ
To: Steve Litt
CC: dng, Patrick Bartek
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fw: Beginning of the End for Wheezy [sigh!]
On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 09:00:44PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know many of you are using Devuan in production and as your Daily
> Driver. Patrick from debian-user expressed some trepidation about
> moving to Devuan in his impending escape from a systemd-encumbered
> Debian, and I figure maybe if he heard a few of your use cases, he
> might feel more confident about his future in Linux. Please copy
> Patrick in your replies.

I have been using Devuan Jessie (upgraded from Debian Jessie) on my
laptop (WMaker + mutt + shell + dev tools + firefox) for several
months now, maybe close to one year. Not a single problem. I am also
using it on a Raspberry pi2 and on a Raspberry pi3, both upgraded from
Raspbian and used as media centers. Not a single issue.

I am now in the process of upgrading to Devuan from Wheezy on a small
(virtual) server, and I am sure everything will be fine.

Nobody should be afraid of jumping to Devuan. It's just like an old,
reliable, rock-solid Debian without the messing up due to a blind,
deaf, stubborn leadership. And without systemd, of course (but, for
the records, some statistically significant positive correlations
between the two facts has been observed, indeed...)

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]