:: Re: [DNG] Fw: Beginning of the End …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Fw: Beginning of the End for Wheezy [sigh!]
Le 17/04/2016 05:44, Gregory Nowak a écrit :
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 09:00:44PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>> >I know many of you are using Devuan in production and as your Daily
>> >Driver. Patrick from debian-user expressed some trepidation about
>> >moving to Devuan in his impending escape from a systemd-encumbered
>> >Debian, and I figure maybe if he heard a few of your use cases, he
>> >might feel more confident about his future in Linux. Please copy
>> >Patrick in your replies.
>> >
>> >SteveT
> The gloomy subject isn't quite correct, since wheezy will be moving
> into a LTS release. I intend to run it that way for a while longer on
> at least one machine. As for devuan, it is still a bit rough around
> the edges judging by recent discussion on this list, though it is more
> useable than not. I am running devuan pre-beta jessie on a raspberry
> pi 2, and on a older 32-bit machine with no issues. Both of those are
> text console installs with no desktop for now at least.
>
> Greg

     For me, the only missing thing in Devuan is apt-file. I think it is
the main reason why I still have Wheezy on a laptop. The second is I
would like to try a full install of Devuan Beta when it is ready. I have
Devuan Jessie on another laptop and it is working better. And Devuan
Jessie also on a Raspberry-Pi-2.

     Didier