:: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan…
Author: Michael Bütow
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] sans-dbus: was Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?
Subject: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?

On 23/07/15 07:49, James Powell wrote:

> Devuan's main purpose is getting rid of systemd as a hard dependency and allowing user choice in

init software

Well said, thank you, I very much agree with your entire post and would
prefer if there was less noise about unrelated topics.

A quick search suggests that it local D-Bus communication is
unencrypted, but it can be set up to communicate with applications on
remote hosts using SSH connections.
I am sure if someone wants to expend the energy to get rid of D-Bus
related software in Devuan, they can set up their own spin of it.

Michael