:: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan…
Author: James Powell
To: miro.rovis@croatiafidelis.hr, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Will there be a MirDevuan "WTF"?
First off cool your jets, and trying call me out on knowing the internals of an IPC in Userspace I didn't develop is very childish.

I honestly don't care if D-Bus what it does other than be a communication and messaging relay between applications and processes, as long as it does what it does, and doesn't infringe on anything else.

D-Bus is used and is a requirement for some services and software. You're unfortunately not going to have your cake and coffee with getting rid of D-Bus. Yes, it's not the greatest design, but it is friendly at least to the whole UNIX spectrum.

Devuan's main purpose is getting rid of systemd as a hard dependency and allowing user choice in init software, not ripping apart every project to cater to ever niche and fundamentalist out there preaching what they feel is FOSS, and also to not start a witch hunt on software projects.