:: Re: [Dng] Package Versions
Author: Jaromil
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Package Versions

dear tilt,

On Wed, 04 Feb 2015, tilt wrote:

> Am 28.01.2015 um 00:19 schrieb tilt:
> > [...]
> > Right now I practise "+devuanX" re-versioning, so if I
> > encounter a hypothetical incoming package with name "xyz"
> > and version (in Jessie) "1.2.3-4" then my modified package
> > will still be called "xyz" and the version will be
> > "1.2.3-4+devuan1" (and if have to revise it, "+devuan2"
> > and so on).
>
> Doing modifications for php5-fpm I encountered an existing
> package version "5.6.5+dfsg", thus "5.6.5+dfsg+devuan1" is
> my modified version.
>
> It's a valid identifier, so I commited it, but I wonder if
> it collides with any plans of evaluating it.

I have now also looked deeper into the issue and after experimenting
with various settings and builds I'd like to go for +devuanX as you are
suggesting.

For instance the debian/changelog of xfce4-session:

    xfce4-session (4.10.1-10)

becomes:

    xfce4-session (4.10.1-10+devuan1)

Lets settle this as a standard for Devuan. Again thanks for your help
here and on the upcoming new listserver!

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Free Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom