:: Re: [Dng] Package Versions
Author: KatolaZ
To: Adam Borowski
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Package Versions
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:36:35AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:

[cut]

> > I do understand the "Bumping" problem you mentioned
>
> It's a problem only if you:
> 1. mix both Debian and Devuan apt sources, and
> 2. don't have pinning (/etc/apt/preferences) in use

If I can add my two cents to the discussion, it is true that we should
think about the best strategy in terms of package (re)naming for
Devuan, but it is also true that, at least initially, most of us will
probably have to use both Devuan and Debian apt-sources. Consequently,
if there is a way of avoiding trashing a working distro too easily by
picking the wrong package (or package name), then I would suggest to
go for it. I personally like the "+devuan" workaround, especially
because the only way I see at the moment for Devuan to have non-null
probabilities of surviving is by making advantage of the Debian corpus
of packages, keeping branches and changes to a minimum....

My2Cents

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]