:: Re: [Dng] Package Versions
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] Package Versions
On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:36:35AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:19:38AM +0100, tilt wrote:

> > I do understand the "Bumping" problem you mentioned
>
> It's a problem only if you:
> 1. mix both Debian and Devuan apt sources, and
> 2. don't have pinning (/etc/apt/preferences) in use

So the upgrade to devuan should perhaps introduce the pin?
And how soes that pinning work? Simply forbidding systemd and
some of its relatives? Or a way te detect devuan packages and
if they are present to ignore Debian's corresponding ones despite
any version numbers the Debian ones carry?

If this latter option isn't supported, is it perhaps time to fork
dpkg and/or apt?

-- hendrik