:: [DNG] Using wget to download the st…
Author: Marc Shapiro
To: Dng
Subject: [DNG] Using wget to download the stable thunderbird .bz2 file from thunderbird.net
I think the subject pretty much says it all.

For years, I have been using a perl script to download the latest
firefox and thunderbird .bz2 files from mozilla.org using 'wget'. If the
file is more recent than my current version, it gets moved to a
directory for storage.  It then gets untarred and the resulting
directory gets moved again, to where I want the binary.

Recently, however, the thunderbird binary that I got popped up an error
and said to get the most recent stable version from thunderbird.net.
(Googling showed that a lot of people got hit with this.)  I got the
file from thunderbird.net.  Fortunately, there were no incompatible
changes made to my profile.  (The script will be backing up the prfofile
before it is used again.)

To get the file from mozilla.org, I am using:

system('wget --quiet --show-progress --content-disposition
"https://download.mozilla.org/?product=thunderbird-latest-ssl&os=linux64&lang=en-US"');

But, if thunderbird.net is the preferred location, does anyone know the
equivalent way to use 'wget' to download the latest stable file from there?

Marc