:: Re: [DNG] CUPS and Canon LBP series…
Author: terryc
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] CUPS and Canon LBP series network printers (CAPS)
On Tue, 8 Oct 2024 17:34:47 +0200
Johan Helsingius via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Has anyone gotten a Canon LBP series laser printer
> to work on Daedalus?
>
> I have a Canon LBP7210Cdn network laser printer that talks
> USB and apparently AppSocket / HP JetDirect (as it listens
> to port 9100).
>
> I somehow got it to work with CUPS 2-3 years ago, but of
> course I didn't document the magic incantations I went
> trough.

On my Daedaus computer all three of my queues for our Canon TS9565 (a
remote printer which has similar interfacing), I use

socket://IPv4

The queue settings allow me to specify different queues for A4 or A3.
Printing is also set up to allow default

lp /path/filename

On the host machine(USB connection and lan), the queues are set up
via

cnijbe://Canon/?port=net&serial=74-BF-C0-XX-YY-ZZ (mac address)
cnijbe://Canon/?port=usb&serial=110663 (NOT bus:device so?)

User chooses paper via application setting.

I don't know if these are the best, but they work for the main users of
each machine.

I do not remember if I had to use cups-browser to discover and set
up the queues on the host machine. It was there when the alert came out
and is not now.

Hope that assists.
terryc