:: [DNG] CUPS and Canon LBP series net…
Author: Johan Helsingius
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] CUPS and Canon LBP series network printers (CAPS)
Hello everyone,

Has anyone gotten a Canon LBP series laser printer
to work on Daedalus?

I have a Canon LBP7210Cdn network laser printer that talks
USB and apparently AppSocket / HP JetDirect (as it listens
to port 9100).

I somehow got it to work with CUPS 2-3 years ago, but of
course I didn't document the magic incantations I went
trough.

Now I had to reinstall my OS (either my kernel got
corrupted or I got hit by the cups-browsed exploit
as suddenly shell startup took forever, and ps / top
stopped working).

Anyway, no matter what I do I can't get CUPS to work
with the printer. Tried the stuff from the Canon website,
tried other stuff, both network and USB, but no cigar.

Any hints, pointers or advice greatly appreciated!

    Julf