:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Framework 13 La…
Author: Kent Borg
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Framework 13 Laptop?
On 8/22/24 01:35, Dan Purgert via Dng wrote:
> Daedalus shouldn't have this issue at all.

The laptop came from Framework! So did the RAM and SSD from B&H Photo,
and putting it all together was pretty obvious.

But I have had a problem: Booting from the devuan installation media. I
dd the netinstall iso to a thumb drive, Framework sees it, but I get the
error:

  EFI UBS Device (USB DISK 3.0) boot failed.

I have tried a direct thumbdrive, and a couple different SD cards with
different readers, I have tried USB C and A expansion thingies for the
tumbdrive. I tried dd-ing on a different machine than this dying one.

I have tried downloading the image more than once (the first time I did
verify the sha256 sum).

These flash devices *can* boot my old dying Intel XPS 13.

Sounds like a problem with the Framework…except I can install Debian on
the Framework. (The universe is being contrary.)

I tried the "Boot from File" (not that I expected it to work), and it
can see the two volumes: EFI and boot. Inside EFI there is a boot,
inside there a BOOTX64.efi. Inside boot is an isolinux. So it is seeing
something that might be sensible.

I turned off fast boot to test more stuff, and the tests pass.

Suggestions? (Don't leave me stuck with Debian.)

Thanks,

-kb, the Kent who is going to reset the boot ROM to defaults next.