:: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Framework 13 La…
Author: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan on Framework 13 Laptop?
On Aug 21, 2024, Kent Borg wrote:
> New subscriber here.
> [...]
> First simple question:
>
> Are people here aware of users running Devuan on these machines? Does it
> work?

I have one. Best laptop I've ever owned. Chimaera needed a bit of a
massage, since there was a bug with Intel's Xe graphics (or wlan card)
on the offered 6.1 kernel.

Daedalus shouldn't have this issue at all.

> Second complicated question:
>
> I'm obviously worried about hardware support, also will I manage to make
> sense of the installer and get btrfs running on top of encrypted LVM, and
> once things are running and try to suspend, or hibernate to encrypted
> swap, will it ever come back to life again?

"Probably". I avoid suspend at all, given years of it being
problematic from so many other vendors.

Sleep did work when my wife was being "helpful" and closing the lid to
move the laptop, but I've since disabled the lid switch.

HTH :)

--
|_|O|_|