:: [DNG] Devuan on Framework 13 Laptop…
Author: Kent Borg
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Devuan on Framework 13 Laptop?
New subscriber here.

A little background: I've long been suspicious of systemd, though
admittedly ignorant of it; it seemed like a lot of stuff to know that I
had never gotten around to learning. Then the xz backdoor came along, I
unavoidably learned more about systemd, and concluded the very fact that
there /was/ so damn much there was the damning fact.

A little "now": My laptop is dying, alas, so I ordered a Framework 13
AMD machine, and I'll need to install an OS. I have been using Debian a
long time.

Debian is not one of the "supported" distributions from Framework, but
it looks like people are being successful with it. And Devuan has
significant similarities with Debian. Maybe I should install Devuan…

I guess I have two questions.

First simple question:

Are people here aware of users running Devuan on these machines? Does it
work?

Second complicated question:

I'm obviously worried about hardware support, also will I manage to make
sense of the installer and get btrfs running on top of encrypted LVM,
and once things are running and try to suspend, or hibernate to
encrypted swap, will it ever come back to life again?

I am guessing that at this point this is all pretty much working for
Debian on AMD Framework 13s. Assuming that be true, given the ways that
Devuan differs from Debian, how likely is it that I would get similar
results with Devuan?

Thanks!

-kb, the grumpy Kent who also uses the MATE desktop because
"smartphone"-envy seems poor inspiration for a "computer" UI.

P.S. I tried looking in the list archives first, but the click I thought
should bring me to the archives didn't seem to do anything.