:: Re: [DNG] Why MVC: was Why C/C++ ?
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: Hendrik Boom
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why MVC: was Why C/C++ ?
Hi,

Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2024 at 03:37:18PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
>> Andrzej Peszynski said on Wed, 14 Aug 2024 23:54:54 +0200
>>
>> >3. Web/DB applications, simplified abstractions, MVC - PHP and JS
>> >family.
>>
>> Am I the only one who things MVC is absolute bullshit, where everyone
>> has different definitions of it and everyone cheats on the definition?
>
> Separating the model from the VC makes sense.
> Separating the viesfromthe controller makes no sense.

While I agree that view and controller are typically highly coupled, it
does make sense to separate them as much as possible.

An application may need to represent information in a number of formats,
e.g. PDF, HTML, JSON, YAML and text/plain. You probably want to
separate out the nitty gritty formatting in a different implementatioin
for each with a common base View. That way, the common base is the only
thing that couples tightly with the Controller.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen