:: [DNG] Why MVC: was Why C/C++ ?
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Why MVC: was Why C/C++ ?
Andrzej Peszynski said on Wed, 14 Aug 2024 23:54:54 +0200

>3. Web/DB applications, simplified abstractions, MVC - PHP and JS
>family.

Am I the only one who things MVC is absolute bullshit, where everyone
has different definitions of it and everyone cheats on the definition?

And the words themselves: What the hell do Model, View and Controller
even mean? If they'd split it into Database, UI, and Logic it would
have been a hell of a lot easier to understand.

When I look at other people's MVC code (and I don't do MVC myself), I
usually see volleyball code, where something in the model randomly
calls something in the controller, and control just bounces around.
Hard to follow. And invariably this results in feedback loops making
debugging a nightmare.

There might be a person on earth who does MVC right, but what I've seen
on the net tells me that it's just a buzzword.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com